CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

June brought two more!


Before we could get the approval from the courts to send Devin and Dillon to Colorado with my sister, DCFS called to see if we had room for another boy Parker's age. I said that right now I had room for a girl but I don't know if we could squeeze in another boy. Well we have a 7 yr old girl as well, DCFS said, but both the boy and the girl have been in the shelter a month and their siblings have already been placed. Then they just don't say anything else while your heart goes out to these little ones, who are stuck because of the actions of their parents. So we moved things around and brought home 7 yr old Sadia and 8 yr old Andrew to share rooms with Parker and Shandi. There is always an adjustment period for everyone and it can be challenging at times. But soon everyone adjusts and the chaos becomes a low rumble instead of a toronado. Sadia was able to return to her home with her mom and younger brother and sister, just before Christmas of 2007. Andrew returned home to his mom and dad, the first week of March. He also was joined by his younger two brothers. He still attends the same school as Parker and they play together on the playground. He gives me hugs in the hall when I see him at school and wants to come and play at the house. We hope that mom and dad continue to make good choices so that they will be able to stay together as a family.

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Hello Haynie Family! Don't know if you remember me, but I found your blog from Janae's...it's Nicole from Safford. Hope you are all doing well. Sounds like there is never a dull moment in your home. I hope you have a GREAT Christmas!